Students for Life of America volunteers are distributing an excellent pamphlet, "Getting Into Trouble," that summarizes Planned Parenthood scandals you won't find in the book—including Medicaid fraud in Texas ("Charging taxpayers for contraceptives for patients who were already sterilized seemed like a good idea at the time"), Planned Parenthood's support of disability-based and race-based abortions, and the precipitous drop in prenatal care services during Richards' tenure.
At her Washington, D.C. stop, Richards was also greeted with tongue-in-cheek references to Taylor Swift's "I Knew You Were Trouble."
This Wednesday, Richards' book tour takes her to San Francisco, where Pro-Life San Francisco (led by SPL's own Terrisa Bukovinac) will rally in opposition outside the Norse Theater beginning at 7:00 p.m. local time.
The remaining stops on the book tour are:
- Tonight, April 9: University of Washington bookstore, 1415 NE 43rd, Seattle, WA at 7:00 p.m.
- April 10: Powell's Books, 1300 SE Stark Street, Portland, OR at 7:30 p.m.
- April 11: San Francisco, described above
- April 12: Dominican University Angelico Hall, 50 Acacia Way, San Rafael, CA at 7:00 p.m.
- April 13: First Congregational Church, 540 South Commonwealth Ave., Los Angeles, CA at 7:00 p.m.
- April 14: Nicholas Senn High School, 5900 N. Glenwood, Chicago, IL at 4:00 p.m.
- April 15: McIntyre's Books, 220 Market Street, Pittsboro, NC at 2:00 p.m.
- April 21: Book Revue, 313 New York Ave., Huntington, NY at 3:00 p.m.
- April 22: Cooperative Arts & Humanities High School, 177 College St., New Haven, CT at 2:00 p.m.
- April 23: Temple Emanu-El Streicker Center, 10 East 66th St., New York City, NY at 7:00 p.m.
- May 9: Parnassus Books, 2400 Blakemore Ave., Nashville, TN at 6:30 p.m.
- May 22: Chappaqua Public Library, 195 S. Greeley Ave., Chappaqua, NY at 7:00 p.m.
Richards announced her resignation from Planned Parenthood in January, but her replacement has not yet been named. Former Texas legislator Wendy Davis, infamous for her unsuccessful filibuster of abortion safety regulations, is rumored to be in the running.