The Missouri State Senate just passed legislation which will create a list of information that a doctor must provide to a woman 24 hours prior to performing an abortion. According to the Columbia Missouran, these include:
- "Illustrated handouts from the Department of Health detailing abortion risks and physical characteristics of the unborn child's development in two-week increments, with the statement: 'The life of each human being begins at conception. Abortion will terminate the life of a separate, unique, living human being',
- The gestational age of the fetus,
- An opportunity to view an ultrasound and hear the heartbeat of the unborn child,
- Information on available medical assistance and counseling resources,
- Contact information for rape crisis and domestic violence centers, and
- Details on the father's liability for child support"